I wanted to try this Maida sweet seedai recipe for quite sometime in Nithis space and wanted to try as she said it is easy and no burst seedai recipe,which is what I wanted.This easy seedai recipe is a must try for last minute preparations too.I have already posted maida uppu seedai , please check it but this one is even more easier as it involves no steam cooking and preparation of the flour.
This seedai is crunchy and soft inside, not too crispy. I loved it and I tell its super addictive that I couldn’t stop when I started eating 😉
Maida Sweet Seedai
Recipe Category: Main | Recipe Cuisine: South IndianRecipe Reference:4thsensecooking
Maida – 1/2 cup
Sugar – 1/4 cup
Milk – 1/4 cup(You may not need fully)
Cooking Soda – 1/8 tsp
Ghee – 1 tsp
Oil – for deep frying
- Take sugar in a mixer jar, powder it fine,Set aside.In a mixing bowl add ghee.
- Add cooking soda,then add powdered sugar and maida.
- Mix well with your fingers for even mixing.Then add cardamom powder.
- Add milk little by little to form a slightly sticky dough.Bring it together and knead it to form a slightly goey sticky dough.
- Pinch a small portion of the dough and form small balls like shown below.Make the balls and spread them in a dry cloth.Similarly make balls till you finish the entire dough.Heat oil in a pan, carefully drop few balls and deep fry it.It will slightly grow in size.Cook in low medium flame.
- Keep rolling for even cooking.Cook in low medium flame.Deep fry till golden brown.Drain in tissue paper,cool down then store.
Store in airtight container.
- You may not need the entire 1/4 cup milk , so add little by little to form the dough.The dough shouldn’t be tight.
- You can add 1/2 tsp sesame seeds too.
- Roll gently, do not give pressure while rolling.
- It is mildy sweet.
- Roll and cook for even frying.
- As sugar is added it may get browned soon so cook in low flame.