Karupatti paal recipe milk flavored with palm jaggery and dry ginger powder.I am not that fond of karupatti when compared to cane sugar but wanted to try this flavoured milk since I saw it in a restaurant menu card.
I tried once and milk curdled as I added karupatti while the milk was boiling itself then my neighbour told me the procedure and I tried it again last week and yes got it right:) You can have this palm jaggery milk replacing your tea or coffee.
Palm jaggery is rich in iron and consuming it regularly increases hemoglobin.
Check my karupatti coffee posted long back!
Karupatti paal recipe, Palm jaggery milk recipe
Karupatti paal recipe milk flavoured with palm jaggery and dry ginger powder
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tsp palm jaggery(karupatti)
- a tiny pinch dry ginger powder
Take milk in a sauce pan, boil it and simmer for 2 mins.Switch off.
Add palm jaggery and dry ginger powder.Mix well.
Strain it and transfer to serving mug/cup and serve hot!
- Do not add palm jaggery to boiling milk it will curdle.Switch off then add.Do not reheat the milk after adding palm jaggery.
- If you get sukku karupatti then skip dry ginger powder.
- Adjust sweetness according to your preference.
How to make karupatti paal recipe:
- Take milk in a sauce pan, boil it and simmer for 2 mins.Switch off.
- Add palm jaggery and dry ginger powder.Mix well.
- Strain it and transfer to serving mug/cup and serve hot!
Serve hot immediately!
Hot yummy karuppati paal ready to be served!