These ginger cookies are soft and chewy making a great snack time partner.I loved the spice flavour a lot,even mittu loved it so much.I was a bit skeptical whether she would complain about the spice flavour but to my surprise she just loved itand asked me to reserve for her school snack box too.These cookies are simple and easy to make too.I just tried replacing 1/4 cup white flour with wheat flour but still the cookies came out soo good.I referred a recipe and modified it but forgot the link, now tried searching but couldn’t find the link 🙁
Ginger Cookies Recipe
Recipe Category: Snack | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Maida – 1 and 1/4 cups
Butter – 1/3 cup
Brown Sugar – 1/2 cup
Granulated white sugar – 1/4 cup
Cinnamon powder – 1/4 tsp
Honey – 1/8 cup
Egg – 1
Baking Powder – 1 tsp
Dry Ginger Powder – 1/4 tsp
Cloves powder – 1/4 tsp
Salt – 1/8 tsp
- Measure and take flour,add it to the siever.Now add cloves powder,cinnamon powder,dry ginger powder and salt.Now add baking powder.
- Sieve it for even mixing,Set aside.In a mixing bowl,add butter.
- Add brown sugar.Beat sugar and butter well until it becomes soft and smooth.
- Add the egg and beat it(Iused the hand beater so just beated for just few seconds),then add honey.
- Whisk it,now take the flour with spice mixture.
- Add it and beat it again just to bring everything together.
- Now use a spatula to mix well.It will be goey so just mix and bring together.Cling wrap it and refrigerate it atleast for 30mins.Use a tbsp measuring spoon to scoop.This is to get even sized cookie.
- Roll it using your palms, add it to sugar roll it.Preheat oven at 180 deg C for 10mins.Repeat the same until the entire dough finishes.Arrange it in a baking tray with butter paper laid on it.
- Using a flat bottomed cup,flatten it slightly.Bakein preheated oven for 8-10mins,timing depends on the size of the cookie too.Just keep an eye after 8mins.Bake till the top turns golden brown and starts to crack.
- Carefully remove them from butter paper then cool in wirerack.
Cool down and then store in airtight container.Serve warm with a glass of milk or as a tea time snack.
- Do not overbake, the cookies will become hard.The cookies should be golden brown.
- Refrigeration is a must else you cannot roll them.
- These cookies spread out so arrange them accordingly leaving enough space between each cookie.
- I used cane sugar.
- If you don’t have electric hand mixer, you can use a whisk but it takes a bit of effort to bring together.
- I used 1 cup maida and 1/4 cup whole wheat flour.
- I kept the tray in fridge until preheating time may be for 5mins.
- I got around 12 medium sized cookies.
- If the dough is too sticky then grease the butter paper.I did not grease as there was no need.
- The baking timing depends on the cookie size and thickness.If you are making a slighter thicker cookie then it might take 15 mins to get baked fully, so adjust the timing accordingly.