Last Updated on December 7, 2020
I had bookmarked this recipe long back.And now when I bought my new bundt mould I wanted to try it out.I already own a silicon bundt mould , when I got my new oven got another pan too so that I bake a bigger batch as mittu loves bundts,cupcakes.
I have failed many times using whole wheat flour for cakes during my initial days of baking, but now I can confidently say my whole wheat bakes are liked by all and mittu is so fond of homemade cakes that she always asks me to keep homemade cakes and cookies for her snackbox .I soo wish I could bake often as I would love to but time is the major factor.
Whole Wheat Lemon Bundt Recipe
Recipe Category: Snack | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Whole wheat flour – 3/4 cup
Baking Soda – 1/4 tsp
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Cane Sugar – 1/4 cup
Oil – 1/4 cup
Milk – 1/2 cup
Lemon juice – 1/4 cup
Grated lemon rind – 1 tsp
For the lemon drizzle:
Icing Sugar – 1/4 cup
Lemon – 1/2
- Measure and take milk in a mixing bowl, add oil and cane sugar to it.
- Whisk it well.Strain to remove impurities,Set aside.Extract lemon juice,measure and keep aside.
- Using a grater take lemon peels,Set aside.In a mixing bowl take wheat wheat along with baking powder,soda and lemon zest.
- Whisk well then add oil milk mixture.
- Mix well using a whisk.Add lemon juice,mix once.
- The batter should be thickish. Grease the bundt tin with oil using a pastry brush.NOw spoon the batter.While you prepare this,preheat oven at 180 deg C for 10mins.
- Fill it till 3/4th of each hole.Bake in preheated oven for 15-18mins or till the top turns golden.
- Cool down for few mins then carefully lift the cake using a fork.Let it to cool down.In a small mixing bowl take icing sugar,
- Ass lemon juice to it,mix well until it forms a thick syrup.Drizzle over the cake.
Cool down and then store .Serve warm with a glass of milk or as a tea time snack.
- You can add full maida or use half and half of maida and wheat flour.
- Do not overbake, the cake will become hard.
- You can bake these in cup cake moulds too if you don’t have bundt mould.
- The baking timing depends on the size of the cake,mine is very small so got baked in 15mins itself.
- I drizzled the syrup only for few cakes as amma wanted to have it plain.But I loved it with the syrup,the tangy taste went well with the cakes.
- You can replace cane sugar with powdered white sugar too same measure.