Eggless Vanilla Yogurt Muffins Recipe
Recipe Category: Cakes | Recipe Cuisine: Indian |Reference: Yummy Tummy
Homemade Cake Flour – 1 cup
Sugar – 1/3 cup heaped
Thick Curd – 3/4 cup
Baking Powder – 2 tsp
Baking Soda – 1 tsp
Cooking Oil – 1 tbsp(I used olive oil)
Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
- In a mixing bowl, take curd, to this add oil.Then add vanilla essence.
- Mix it well.Then add sugar and whisk well till sugar completely dissolves.Add baking powder.
- Then add baking soda, you can see bubbles appearing in few seconds after it is added, this shows your baking soda is active.Finally add in the flour.
- Mix well.The batter will beVery thick as shown.Line muffin liners in the muffin pan and keep it ready.Preheat oven at 180 deg C.
- Scoop the batter and fill 3/4 th of the muffin liner.Bake in preheated oven for 25-30mins or until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
Cool down then store.
- These muffins are mildy sweet perfect for breakfast or with coffee.But if you prefer more sweeter muffins then I suggest to add 1/2 cup sugar.
- I used my icecream scooper to scoop the batter to have even sized muffins.
- You can use any flavouring of your choice.I choose to have it plain and simple with vanilla flavour.
- The muffins puff up so well so don’t fill till the rim of the liners,just till 3/4 th will be perfect.
- If you want to add choco chips then add 1/4 cup.
- I got 8 medium sized muffins.
- You can even bake this cake in a cake mold / loaf pan in that case it may take more time to bake may be 35-40mins.
- Baking time mayVary..so plus or minus 5mins according to your oven.
- Use thick curd for best results.
- The top doesn’t brown much so just check by inserting a toothpick after the mentioned time has reached.
- You can use any odourless cooking oil.I had olive oil so used it.