Egg Noodles is a delicious any time fast food that is made by tossing cooked noodles with eggs, sauces & spices. Egg Noodles presented is an Indian makeover of Chinese cuisine which is quite simple & quick to make at home. Egg Noodles Recipe – Regular & Schezwan versions posted here with step by step pictures & video.
Egg Noodles is a very popular fast food that is craved often at homes – here we go with the recipe of fast food style egg noodles to make at home. Looking for a veg version of noodles then check here .
About Egg Noodles
Egg Noodles is made by boiling hakka noodles and then mixing them with scrambled eggs, tempered veggies, sauce & spices. Egg Noodles is a wholesome dish that we can relish for lunch or dinner or as an add-on dish for a grand menu for parties.
Egg Noodles is my go to dish when we are busy or at lazy times given the easiness & tastiness of the egg noodles. Egg Noodles Recipe is one of the good choice of menu for cooking beginners & bachelors.
Egg Noodles – Egg Hakka Noodles or Egg Instant Noodles?
Egg Noodles can be prepared instantly just by adding egg to the Instant Maggi Noodles or with hakka noodles as posted in the recipe here. While the Instant Version is a masala loaded noodle version the Hakka Egg Noodle version is loaded with sauces, spices & veggies of our choice.
Instant Version can be prepared in 3-5 minutes while the Hakka Noodles version can be prepared in 15 minutes given the time need to cook noodles separately, scramble eggs separately & tempering veggies and then sautéing all of them together with sauces.
Egg Noodles – Regular & Schezwan Versions
Egg Noodles can be made in multiple variations by replacing the sauce & spice levels. I have presented the regular version of Egg Noodles & the Schezwan Version of Egg Noodles in this post – the variation being the addition of Schezwan Sauce in Schezwan Egg Noodles which make Egg Noodles very spicier & hot. Both the versions of egg noodles are out of the world tasty and a must try at home as per our convenience!
Egg Noodles Ingredients
- Hakka Noodles : Hakka Noodles is available in super markets, grocery stores and online. Cook them parboiled (half cooked) or al-dente (cooking firm till you feel them as bite with tooth) so that they do not end up overcooked when sauteed with veggies. Get them 3 or 4 packs so that family enjoys heartily or becomes handy on busy days. You can even use wheat hakka noodles available in supermarkets.
- Eggs & Veggies : White / Brown / Country eggs -any type of egg is perfect for Egg Noodles. I have used veggies -cabbage, capsicum & carrots. Cauliflower, broccoli, mushrooms are other veggies suggestion.
- Sauce : I used Soy sauce & Chilli Sauce available in grocery outlets. You can add chilli oil as an alternative to chilli sauce & other sauces, vinegar based on your taste preferences. For Schezwan version, I have used Schezwan sauce and have tried with Schezwan Chutney as well.
- Oil : Hakka Noodles tastes best with Olive oil. However it is not a compromise if you use refined oil or sesame oil.
I can have noodles only occasionally but egg noodles is hubbys favourite. He loves most of the chinese dishes and egg noodles is his most favourite. I was in a hurry after I cooked the noodles hurried with the clicks and here is the post for you all.
If you have any more questions about this Egg Noodles do mail me at [email protected] In addition, follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest ,Youtube and Twitter .
Tried this Egg Noodles ? Do let me know how you liked it. Also tag us on Instagram @sharmispassions and hash tag it on #sharmispassions.
- 150 gms hakka noodles
- 3 nos eggs
- 1/4 cup onion
- 1/2 cup carrot
- 1/2 cup capsicum
- 3/4 cup cabbage
- 1 tsp soya sauce
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1/2 tsp red chilli sauce
- 1/2 tsp green chilli sauce
- 1 tsp pepper powder + as needed
- 2 tbsp oil + as needed
- 2 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp spring onion
- 1 tbsp spring onion
- salt to taste
- Boil 4 cups water along with salt and oil.
- Add 150 gms hakka noodles. I broke into half and added.
- Cook noodles until slightly soft but not mushy.
- It should be aldente – just cooked. I cooked for 5 mins and it was perfect.But follow pack instructions for cooking time.
- Drain water. Rinse with cold water to remove the excess starch and stop further cooking.
- Add little oil, toss it and keep aside to avoid sticking.
- Scramble well. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok – add 3 eggs along with salt and pepper.
- To a large wok – first add 2 tsp garlic finely chopped along with 1 tsp spring onion white part. Saute for 2 mins.
- Add 1/4 sliced onion, 1/2 cup carrot,1/2 cup capsicum, 3/4 cup cabbage.
- Saute for 2 mins in medium high heat – Make sure the veggies should be crunchy.
- Keep heat in high – Add 1 tsp soya sauce, 1/2 tsp green chilli sauce, 1/2 tsp red chilli sauce, 1/2 tsp pepper, 1 tsp vinegar and required salt. You can even add 1/2 tsp sugar if you like.
- Give a quick toss so that the veggies are coated with sauces, it should be done in high heat so be quick.
- Finally add cooked noodles along with 1 tbsp spring onion green part.
- Mix it well. Using 2 laddles was very easy to mix.
- Toss it well in high flame.If you are able to carry the wok toss it well to get a mild smokey flavour just like in restaurants. But be careful if the wok is heavy you will have a tough time yes experience speaks.
- Now add scrambled eggs.
- Toss well. Egg Noodles ready!
- I did not have spring onion in hand so skipped it. If you are planning to use then add the white part along with garlic and the green part along with the veggies. It does give a nice flavour so use it.
- You can make the noodles saucy by adding in more sauces and little water.
- Add oil to boiling water so that the noodles do not stick to each other once cooked.
- After the veggies are added do not overcook as the veggies will become very soft. The veggies should be crunchy not soft.
Egg Noodles Recipe Step by Step
1.Boil 4 cups water along with salt and oil.
2.Add 150 gms hakka noodles. I broke into half and added.
3.Cook noodles until slightly soft but not mushy.
4.It should be aldente – just cooked. I cooked for 5 mins and it was perfect.But follow pack instructions for cooking time.
6.Rinse with cold water to remove the excess starch and stop further cooking.
7.Add little oil, toss it and keep aside to avoid sticking.
8.Heat oil in a wok – add 3 eggs along with salt and pepper.
9.Scramble well. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
10.To a large wok – first add 2 tsp garlic finely chopped along with 1 tsp spring onion white part. Saute for 2 mins.
11.Add 1/4 sliced onion, 1/2 cup carrot, 1/2 cup capsicum, 3/4 cup cabbage.
12.Saute for 2 mins in medium high heat – Make sure the veggies should be crunchy.
13.Keep heat in high – Add 1 tsp soya sauce, 1/2 tsp green chilli sauce, 1/2 tsp red chilli sauce, 1/2 tsp pepper, 1 tsp vinegar and required salt. You can even add 1/2 tsp sugar if you like.
14.Give a quick toss so that the veggies are coated with sauces, it should be done in high heat so be quick.
15.Finally add cooked noodles along with 1 tbsp spring onion green part.
16.Mix it well. Using 2 laddles was very easy to mix.
17.Toss it well in high flame.If you are able to carry the wok toss it well to get a mild smokey flavour just like in restaurants. But be careful if the wok is heavy you will have a tough time yes experience speaks.
18.Now add scrambled eggs.
Egg Noodles ready!
- I didn’t have spring onion in hand so skipped it. If you are planning to use then add the white part along with garlic and the green part along with the veggies. It does give a nice flavour so use it.
- You can make the noodles saucy by adding in more sauces and little water.
- Add oil to boiling water so that the noodles dont stick to each other once cooked.
- After the veggies are added dont overcook as the veggies will become very soft. The veggies should be crunchy not soft.
- Add small bits of chicken for chicken noodles.
- Cook to a soupy consistency for soup likers.
- Add different sauces of your preference to make it spicy & hot.
- Add maggi magic masala or top ramen masala to make masala egg noodles.
Serving & Storage Suggestions
Serve Egg Noodles hot! Not preferred for kids lunch box and storing for later use.Simple hack is to parboil noodles and store them – You can make Egg Hakka noodles in small batches after sautéing with tempered veggies if you need them for later use (not beyond dinner / 4-6 hrs).
1.What is Egg Noodles?
Veg Hakka Noodles is a popular Indochinese dish & fast food made by boiling noodles and then blending them with scrambled eggs, tempered veggies, sauce & spices.
2.How to make Egg Noodles?
- Cook Hakka Noodles al-dente (slightly undercooked or cooking firm till you feel them as bite with tooth)
- Drain and rinse the cooked noodles. Toss with oil so that noodles do not get sticky
- Scramble the egg and set aside
- Temper onions & veggies and add soy sauce, chilli sauce
- Blend eggs, veggies with cooked noodles and saute for 2-3 mintues to get tasty Egg Noodles!
3.Do I need to necessarily add veggies?
You can skip veggies – However suggest to add cabbage, garlic and onions to get the flavour of fast food noodles.
4.Can I prepare Egg Noodles with Maggi?
Yes – very much – Add eggs to maggi for Egg Noodles with Maggi.
5.What is Hakka Noodles and is my noodle Hakka?
Hakka Noodles is an innovation & cuisine of Hakka people that lasts long and cooked easily anywhere. Egg Noodles – Indo Chinese recipe got spread from the Hakka tribe from China which got settled in China Town of Kolkata to all of India now. Apart from the instant noodles – Maggi, Top Ramen and Yippee (noodles with seasoning in the pack) all are Hakka variations of noodles.
Schezwan Egg Noodles
Schezwan Egg Noodles is a spicy version of Egg Noodles made by cooking noodles with egg and veggies in schezwan sauce. Schezwan is an enjoyable dish which will be relished by egg & spicy lovers. How to cook Schezwan Egg noodles is described in this recipe with step by step pictures.
Schezwan Noodles is very similar to Hakka Noodles with the addition of schezwan sauce which makes the dish fiery hot. I made schezwan sauce few weeks back so wanted to make use of it so made this today. I always have dreamed about owning this cast iron skillet , was very happy when hubby bought this from his US trip and finally today inaugurated the pan.
Schezwan Egg Noodles Ingredients
- 1/2 packet hakka noodles – 75 gms
- 1/8 cup carrot chopped lengthwise
- 1/4 cup cabbage chopped lengthwise
- 1/4 cup capsicum chopped lengthwise
- 2 tsp garlic chopped
- 1 tbsp schezwan sauce
- 1 tsp spring onion white part
- 1 tbsp spring onion green part
- 1/2 tsp pepper powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt to taste
How to make Schezwan Egg Noodles
- Boil water , add hakka noodles and cook with required salt.Cook until noodles turn soft yet firm enough to bite into.Don’t msuh it up.Rinse it immediately in cold water to avoid the noodles from further cooking.Drain water using a colander.
- Add a tsp of oil and toss the noodles to avoid sticking,Set aside.Get ready with your schezwan sauce
- In a pan heat oil – add chopped garlic and spring onion white part, saute for a minute.Keep the flame in medium high flame – Now add chopped cabbage first and saute for few mins till raw smell leaves, then add chopped carrot, saute for few mins then finally add capsicum and give a quick stir.
- Add schezwan sauce,required salt and pepper powder.Saute and cook for 3-5mins.
- Finally add cooked noodles and give a toss.Toss till the sauce and veggies coat the noodles evenly.
- In another pan scramble an egg.
- Scramble it until its shredded well.Add the scrambled egg to the noodles, cook for 2 mins. Finally add spring onion green part.Switch off.mm
Serve hot with your choice of side dish or any manchurian.
- This doesn’t require much oil as the schezwan sauce already has good amount of oil in it.
- If you prefer add 1/8 tsp soya sauce.
- Use freshly ground pepper for a great flavour.
- You can even add eggs along with veggies,scramble then add noodles finally.
- Sauteing the veggies in high flame gives a nice smoky flavour and also helps retain its crunchiness without the raw smell.
- Cook noodles perfectly not too mushy or undercook it.It should be soft yet slightly crunchy enough to bite.
- Make sure to toss the noodles in oil to avoid sticking.
- If you don’t have schezwan sauce in hand, for a instant version add red chillies, ginger and garlic along with little water and grind it to a fine paste.Along with garlic and spring onions add this paste and saute till raw smell leaves.
I love Chinese food and this is one of my favourite, looks very delicious.
Noodles is my favorite .. looks yummy.
WOw Searching for this recipe thanks for sharing dear…
Luv ur preparation n looks very pleasing…
Looks so yummy… willl try it out soon
my kids are really fan of noodles…i will try ur version for sure….luks delicious and superb
All time favorite…beautiful clicks.
Only Fish Recipes
nice clicks dear….loved the egg hakka noodles :-)my daughters going to love it !
Feel like finishing that whole bowl,makes me hungry.
wow… looks so mouthwatering…ur clicks r so amazing !
Noodelicious and as always great clicks..
This is my favorite..beautiful clicks
The noodles look so tempting.
Very tasty and delicious looking Egg Noodles. Wonderful pics.
OMG I love hakka noodles and this one looks hummm yummmm :))
Yumm .. I love Hakka noodles
ohh my absolute fav!
very nice preparation,noodles looks so yummy!
OnGoing Event ~ Dish It Out-Brinjal n Garlic
That looks delicious, Sharmi!!
Delicious and yummy noodles,my kiddo's all time favorite.
Wonderfull recipe.Noodles are one of my favourite dish.
Thanks for this post.
Absolutely yumm.. i am typing this comment having noodles in my plate 🙂
Noodles all time fav !! Looks super good !!
Noodles also my fav. Noodle looks awesome and tempting.
An Inspirational Award is waiting for you. Please collect your award from my blog.
Love the clicks, it's simply brilliant! Just back from a holiday trip and seeing this post I am back in full enthusiasm to cook!
lovely clicks.. yummy recipe… 🙂
I am noodle-holic! Just love it. I have something very similar posted on my blog too.
Deeps @ Naughty Curry
looks so pretty! i love noodles & eggs.. 🙂
i made it…thanks…
i made it thanks…super recipie
the recipe is good and can u send as timing for noodles to cook
Just cook noodles till soft yet slightly crunchy dont mush it up….It is not advisable to go with the timing for cooking noodles.
thanks 4 this recipe
Nice written!! I have been a big fan of your blogs. thanks bestfishinglinereviews
can we make with sphagetthi
Yes you can try with sphagetti too…..
Wow! Thanks Sharmi for sharing this receipe! Looks so yummy. Mouth is watering just thinking about it. I was just looking at 3d printing noodles and this could be a fun place to start. What kind of bowl is that you're boiling noodles in? Is it ok to use it over gas?
It is borosil gourmetwares specifically designed for cooking in gas and oven
Can u please tell me the difference between hakka noodles and spaghetti? I mean taste wise…
Can we replace hakka noodles with spaghetti and vice versa? Thanks.
Spagetti is a type of pasta and its a bit crunchy and not soft like noodles…this is as far as I know.Replacing depends on the recipe but if you are making stir fried noodles either of these can be used but for pasta based dishes you should use only apagetti.