Last Updated on October 19, 2021
I have not struggled with yeasted bakes so far(*touching wood*) except for once or twice but the waiting time for the dough to raise makes me tired…so I always held bake myself for trying yeasted bakes.Thank you so much Padmaja for introducing to me to instant yeast and sharing with me, it works wonders I say 🙂
Update : I tried the same recipe with half of maida and wheat flour here and it turned out great too.
Bread Sticks Recipe
Recipe Category: Snack | Recipe Cuisine: World
For the bread:
- Take whole wheat flour,salt,yeast in a mixing bowl .Add olive oil, now start adding luke warm water little by little.Mix well form a smooth pliable dough.Set aside to rest, keep it in a warm place for an hr undisturbed.
- When u check after an hr, the dough would have become almost doubled.Now punch it down incase for any air bubbles.Grease a pan with little oil and flour and keep it ready.Scoop the batter into the prepared pan about 1/4 inch thickness, spread it nearing to the edges.Brush it with olive oil.
- Sprinkle oregano and make strips using a pizza cutter.
- Preheat the oven for 200 deg C for 10 mins.Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200 Degree C for 15-20 mins or until the top starts browning depending on how soft / crisp you want your bread sticks to be.When it is still warm break the strips.
Serve warm with a sip or hot soup.
- Make sure you mark lines before you start baking itself so that its easy to break into pieces after its baked.
- The dough rising time depend s purely on the yeast variety and ur locations climatic conditions.So after checking after 1 hr if it has not doubled then set it to rise for one more hr or so.
- You can even try with half and half of whole heat flour and maida or with just maida alone.
- I used homemade multigrain wheat flour.
- If you want it more crisp then spread the batter very thin.I wanted mine to have the bread texture so spread it a bit thick.
- You can add any topping of your choice like garlic paste,or any spice powders of your liking.You can even use any pizza seasoning.
- Brushing the top with oil gives nice browning.
- I used instant yeast so didn’t wait for proofing as I knew mine was active.If you are using active dry yeast proof it first by adding to 1/4 cup warm water and waiting for it to bubble then use it.