Aval Mixture also called as Poha Chivda – You can easily make this for Diwali 2014 and share it with your friends and relatives.
Aval Mixture Recipe
Recipe Category: Snacks | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Thick Poha – 1 cup
Roasted Gram Dal (Chutney Dal) – 1/8 cup
Peanuts – 1/8 cup
Sesame seeds – 1 tsp
Cashews – 10
Raisins – 1 tbsp
Curry leaves – 15 leaves
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Red Chilli powder – 1 tsp
Salt – to taste
Oil – to deep fry
- Get ready with all your ingredients.Heat oil, once its hot add fried gram dal and fry till golden brown.Use a strainer to drain excess oil.Add it to tissue paper.Set aside.
- Next fry curry leaves until crisp, drain and set aside.Then fry cashews till golden brown, drain and set aside.Add raisins and fry till it bubbles up, drain and set aside.
- Take your poha, add it to oil and fry till the shh sound ceases, Drain and add it to tissue paper to remove excess oil.
- Add sesame seeds,let it splutter then add required salt red chilli and turmeric powders.Now collect everything and drain the excess oil using a tissue paper.
- After draining and removing excess oil, mix everything together and toss it well.Check, adjust salt and spice level.
Cool down and then store in an airtight container! Serve as a snack with hot coffee.
- If you like garlic flavour just add 1 crushed garlic along with the curry leaves.
- Raisins give a nice sweet crunch while eating so dont skip it.
- Fry each ingredient separately.
- Wile frying poha make sure oil is just for the poha to immerse else poha will drink more oil.You can even use a strainer to fry poha.Add poha to a strainer and dip it inside oil in that case you can add more oil so that poha immerses well in oil.
- Adding sesame seeds is optional.
- This keeps well even for 2 weeks when stored in airtight container.