What do you do those days when you crave for chats? When you cant go outside all the way to the chat shop to satisfy your craving?! This is what I make – Aloo Channa Chat, easy to put together at the same time healthy too.
- Soak channa overnight for atleast 6-8 hours.Pressure cook channa until soft, drain water and keep aside.
- Pressure cook potatoes for 3-4 whistles until soft. Peel off the skin and mash it roughly, keep aside.
- Now in a bowl add channa and boiled potatoes, combine it with chat masala powder, lemon juice, chilli powder, salt, green chutney, dates chutney and mix well. Finally add onions and garnish with coriander leaves and sev on top.
This is sure a healthy alternative to other chats as its oil free.I usually make the chat chutneys at home but this time when I saw the sweet chutney named bhel puri chutney at Nilgiris I readily picked it up as its very handy. Making green chutney is a breeze so now making chats is no excuse 🙂
- You can also add raw chopped tomatoes. The recipe is totally flexible to our preference so do experiment and enjoy.
- You can alternatively use black channa too.
- This can be served as salad too skipping the chutneys alone