Jeera rice recipe with step by step pictures.Jeera rice or Cumin rice is one of the most popular dish in restaurants.Jeera rice is flavoured with jeera or cumin and whole garam masala spices.Here I have given jeera rice restaurant style recipe .Jeera rice also called Jeera pulao is a very simple rice preparation which can be done in a jiffy pairs up well with many sidedishes.I served it along with a simple north indian style dal and mushroom do pyaza. I have endless love towards north indian cuisine and by now regular readers must have noticed that.
I usually make jeera rice / jeera pulao the pressure cooker method but this time I tried it from VegRecipes and it came out soo good that I loved the aroma while the rice got cooked.
Check for more sidedishes here.
Jeera Rice Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Main | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Basmati Rice – 1 cup
Water – 4 and 1/2 cups
Bay Leaf – 1
Green cardamom – 1
Cinnamon – 1/2 inch stick
Cloves – 2
Star Anise – Just a petal
Coriander Leaves – for garnish
Salt – to taste
Oil – 2 tsp
Ghee – 2 tsp
Jeera – 1.5 tsp
Green Chilli – 1 small finely chopped
- Rinse basmati rice well and soak for 10-15mins,Set aside.Now get ready with the spices.In a pan heat water and let it to boil.
- Once it starts to boil add the rice,required salt and spices and let it cook.
- Cook till its soft and tender with each grains seprated.Drain the rice, fluff it up and set aside.Heat oil + ghee in a tadka pan and add the ingredients listed under ‘to temper’.Let jeera crackle then add green chillies.
- Add the tempering to cooked rice, Mix well.Then add chopped coriander leaves and give a quick mix.
Serve hot with your choice of side dish or gravy.
- You can add cashews fried in ghee too to make it a even more rich one pot meal.
- Make sure to drain and fluff the rice.
- Adding ghee enhances the flavour.
- Soak the rice for 15mins to ensure fast cooking.