I usually make jeera rice / jeera pulao the pressure cooker method but this time I tried it from VegRecipes and it came out soo good that I loved the aroma while the rice got cooked.
Check for more sidedishes here.
Jeera Rice Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Main | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Basmati Rice – 1 cup
Water – 4 and 1/2 cups
Bay Leaf – 1
Green cardamom – 1
Cinnamon – 1/2 inch stick
Cloves – 2
Star Anise – Just a petal
Coriander Leaves – for garnish
Salt – to taste
Oil – 2 tsp
Ghee – 2 tsp
Jeera – 1.5 tsp
Green Chilli – 1 small finely chopped
- Rinse basmati rice well and soak for 10-15mins,Set aside.Now get ready with the spices.In a pan heat water and let it to boil.
- Once it starts to boil add the rice,required salt and spices and let it cook.
- Cook till its soft and tender with each grains seprated.Drain the rice, fluff it up and set aside.Heat oil + ghee in a tadka pan and add the ingredients listed under ‘to temper’.Let jeera crackle then add green chillies.
- Add the tempering to cooked rice, Mix well.Then add chopped coriander leaves and give a quick mix.
Serve hot with your choice of side dish or gravy.
- You can add cashews fried in ghee too to make it a even more rich one pot meal.
- Make sure to drain and fluff the rice.
- Adding ghee enhances the flavour.
- Soak the rice for 15mins to ensure fast cooking.