Eggless Microwave Chocolate Cake – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Side dish | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian| Recipe Reference: Life & Spice
Maida / All purpose flour – 3 tbsp
Coco powder – 1.5 tbsp (unsweetened)
Sugar – 3tbsp (I used powdered sugar)
Baking Soda – 1/8 tsp
Salt – 1/8 tsp
Cooking oil – 3 tbsp
Milk – 3 tbsp
Vanilla Essence – 1/4 tsp
Choco chips – 1 tsp(optional)
- Add maida,coco powder, sugar, baking soda and salt in the mug, mix well. Add oil, milk and vanilla essence.Mix well and make sure there are no lumps.
- The batter should be creamy and in flowing consistency. Then top it with chocolate chips.Microwave at 600W for 1 minute. Then switch the microwave to highest power and microwave 1 more minute. The cake rised over the top but went down a bit when the microwave turned off.
I have tried the same cake in OTG too…..so if you want to bake the same cake in OTG : Preheat oven to 185 deg C and bake the cake for10-12mins at the same temperature. It may take even 15mins so check it after 12mins and then bake accordingly.
- This is the best instant cake for serving guests in individual portions. You can surprise your guests with this instant cake. You can serve it with vanilla icecream or add chocolate sauce as topping.
- Make sure the mug is oven proof.
- Adding choco chips is optional, you can skip that too.
- Do not double the ingredients and add it in the same mug – the bottom will not get cooked. So use the same measures for 2 mugs instead if want to share.