Mittu loves fish fry and its the only nonveg item she eats. So I have started experimenting fish recipes too.
1. Clean fish and wash it twice to thrice. Set aside.In a wide mixing bowl, add red chilli, turmeric,coriander powder, lime juice and required salt. Sprinkle little water to make it to a paste consistency. Then add the fish to it and mix well. Coat the masala on all sides of the fish and marinate for atleast 30mins. Set aside.
2.Heat oil in a pan or dosa tawa and toast the fish until the fish turns golden red in color. You can alternatively deep fry too.
Serve hot with lemon wedges and onion rings.
My Notes :
- Adjust spice level according to your taste and preference.
- You can serve fish with raw onions. I love it with tomato sauce :)
- Squeeze lime while serving if you like the tanginess.
- You can even add ginger garlic paste as a add on to the marinade.
- We like fish fries toasted in tawa than the deep fry.Also it avoids fish becoming hard.