Last week I was searching for some interesting christmas recipes thats when I saw this White Christmas Slice.It looked so pretty and I had all the ingredients in hand…actually I was looking for a recipe to empty the leftovers and this white christmas slice recipe was an apt choice.But the orginal recipe used a ingredient called Copha which is a form of vegetable fat shortening made from hydrogenated coconut oil so I replaced it with coconut oil. I browsed few recipes to get an idea of the ingredients list then adjusted the measurements according to the available ingredients in my pantry.
White Christmas Slice Recipe Ingredients:
Recipe Category: Snack | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Dessicated Coconut – 1 cup
Milk Powder – 1/4 cup
Rice Krispies – 1/2 cup
Powdered Sugar – 1/2 cup
Dry Fruits – 1/4 cup(I used tutti frutti & cranberry)
Butter – 1/4 cup
Coconut Oil – 1/8 cup
- In a mixing bowl,add dessicated coconut,milk powder then rice kripies.
- Then add powdered sugar,dry fruits.I reserved a tbsp of dry fruits to sprinkle on top.
- Mix it well.Now take butter in a sauce pan.
- Heat it up for few seconds and melt it.Now add coconut oil and switch off.
- Pour this mixture to the mixing bowl,mix it with a laddle.If it doesn’t come together add little more coconut oil.Now transfer the mixture to a tray.
- Pat it well,sprinkle the reserved dry fruits.Press it firmly with a flat bottomed bowl.
- Cling wrap it and refrigerate for atleast 30mins.Cut into squares and serve chilled.
Keep refrigerated until serving time.
- Keep refrigerated until serving time else it will become goey.
- You can replace butter and coconut oil with condensed milk or even melted white chocolate.
- You can add any dryfruits of your choice.I used tutti frutti and dried cranberries.
- If you want to use fresh coconut,saute till it becomes dry then use it.