Parfait is a layered dessert made with fresh cream,fruits and cornflakes/any cereals served chilled in a stemmed glass.I have already made strawberry parfait using low fat yogurt so tried with fresh cream this time.I made this last year when strawberries were in season only now I got time to edit the pictures to post it here 🙂
Look at the beautiful layers of the parfait.This creamy strawberry parfaits tastes as much deliciious as they look…yum!!
Strawberry Parfait Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Dessert | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Fresh Cream – 1/2 cup(100 gms)
Powdered Sugar – 2 tbsp
Strawberries – 7 whole
Oreo Cream Biscuit – 2 crushed
Cornflakes – 1/4 cup crushed
- Rinse strawberries well, trim off the leaf part.Then chop strawberries into small cubes.Crush oreo cookies and cornflakes.
- Now take fresh cream in a bowl and start whipping with handmixer.Whip till soft peaks form as shown.This is the right stage, don’t whip it more, then it will end up in butter.Then add powdered sugar.
- Blend it once.Now in the serving glass add a tbsp of chopped strawberry, then spoon cream over it.
- Then some chopped strawberry,crushed oreo biscuits,cornflakes.
- Keep adding alternatively, till the rim of the glass it reached.
- I used Nilgiris Fresh Cream which was 200 gms, so measured half of it(100 gms) for this recipe.
- You can use any chocolate cookie / normal cookie for this parfait.I had oreo in hand so used it up.
- The layering is purely your choice.Add in according to your liking and preference.
- If you like you can add few strawberry chunks in the mousse.
- I just set it for 30mins and then clicked the pictures, if you set it for an hour or more the texture would be slightly thick.
- Adjust sugar as per the tanginess of the fruit.
- You can add granola too.I am really not sure whether hand whisk can be used to whip fresh cream but with what I heard from my friends, it will take time in handwhisk to achieve soft peak consistency.
- For low fat version, replace fresh cream with yogurt.
- Let it to set atleast for an hour and then dig in.