There is also another reason for me to post a sweet today. This day 6 years back l started a blog just to record my passions and named it Sharmis Passions.Little did I knew it would become a integral part of me and will be helpful to others too.When I look back, I don’t have regrets, though bumpy at times it had been a great ride all through these 6 yrs.I thoroughly enjoy the process right from getting the ingredients, cooking, arranging, composing a shot, editing and publishing a post to present it to you.
This year had been great with few media mentions, 30 dessert feature in Kungumam Thozhi,a invite from Zone, and one of my dreams come true to have involved in a photoshoot for foodstyling for KR Bakes.
Sago Kesari Recipe
Recipe Category: Dessert | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Sago(I used Nylon Sago) – 1/2 cup
Water – 1 and 1/2 cups
Sugar – 1/4 cup
Melted Ghee – 2 tsp
Cardamom powder – a tiny pinch
Saffron – 3 to 4 strands(optional)
Orange food color – just a tiny pinch
Cashewnuts – 8 broken
- Rinse sago well twice or thrice.Heat water and cook sago in enough water till immersing level.
- When sago gets cooked, it will become slightly bigger in size and will become transparent.Drain and set aside.Heat ghee in a tadka pan and fry the cashews till golden brown.
- Heat ghee in a pan, add cooked sago and saute for a minute.Add sugar, now it will start to loosen up…keep stirring continuously. Add food color.
- Add saffron and cardamom powder and let it cook for 2mins.Then add ghee in intervals with constant stirring.
- Once it starts to get thick add another tsp ghee, once it starts to leave the sides of the pan add cashews and switch off.
Serve hot / warm!
- I used nylon sago if you are using the usual white sago variety then soak it overnight and then cook it.
- You can also add your favorite essence too but I love the plain cardamom flavour the best.
- If you like elachi flavour more, just skip saffron and add a generous pinch of cardamom powder.
- Sago kesari doesn’t require much ghee like the other kesari recipes.
- This keeps well for 2 days if refrigerated after a day.And while serving just heat it up and drizzle little ghee and serve.