Sabudana Ladoo Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Sweet | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Sago – 1/2 cup
Sugar – 1/8 cup
Cardamom – 1/2
Half Cashews – 8 broken
Melted Ghee – 1/4 cup minus 1 tbsp + 1 tsp(for frying cashews)
- Dry roast sago in low flame.Roast until it becomes golden and puffs up a bit, it will take ayleast 20mins.You can see a closer look at this.
- Cool down then transfer to a mixer jar.Powder it and transfer to a mixing bowl.Now add sugar and cardamom.
- Powder it fine,transfer to mixing bowl.Now add a tsp of ghee and fry broken cashews until golden brown,transfer to mixing bowl.
- Mix well.Now add ghee little by little and keep mixing.
- Mix it well with your hands,break the lumps and keep mixing.Start rolling balls.If you press like this…
- it should hold together without falling…This is the right consistency.Form balls by holding tight.Shape all the ladoos and arrange it in a plate.Set aside for soemtime then store in a clean container.
Keeps well for a week in room temperature itself.
- Do not add the ghee fully, add little by little keep mixing then shape and see.
- If you add more ghee it will be overpowering and the texture of the ladoo will change.
- You can add other nuts and dry fruits of your choice.
- The white sago variety is only suitable for this ladoo, do not use nylon sago.
- Roasting sago is a very important step here, do it in low flame with patience as it takes time.May be you can increase the flame to low medium but not above that.