I wanted to try Rose Falooda with homemade rose jelly,syrup and icecream so made the icecream and kept.But had other works that I couldn’t make jelly at that time by the time I made jelly homemade vanilla icecream was already wiped clean, so went ahead with store bought iceream.There can be several versions of falooda recipes,now here is mine.The present form of Falooda was developed by the Mughal empire
Making falooda at home is very easy when you have gathered all the ingredients, I loved assembling the ingredients.Mittu just loved it so much and asked if I can make it often 🙂
Homemade Rose Falooda Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Dessert | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
- Take a handful of fine vermicelli,Boil water and add to it.Water should be little more than the immersing level.
- Cook until soft.Rinse it well,drain and set aside.
- Soak sabja seedsin water,strain and set aside.Chop jellies roughly,Set aside.Boil milk,let it simmer for 15mins or until slightly thick,Switch off and set aside to cool.
- Take milk in a bowl,add rose syrup.My rose syrup had sugar in it so I didn’t add sugar.If you are adding rose essence then add sugar.Mix well,transfer to a jug.
- Chill rosemilk,Chill the serving glass atleast 30mins before assembling.Get ready with your ingredients.
- First add a layer of jelly at the bottom.Then add rose syrup.
- Then add a layer of cooked vermicelli.Then add a layer of sabja.
- Now add chilled rose milk.This will come to 3/4th of the glass.
- Now scoop vanilla icecream and add it.Garnish with rose jelly.
You can eat it as such or use it in any desserts ,puddings or cakes.I loved it to have with chilled milk and ofcourse falooda too.
- I have given the measurement just for reference,plus or minus as per your needs.If you like semiya more add it more and likewise.
- You can garnish with chopped nuts too.
- I used homemade rose syrup which had sugar so 1/4 cup sugar was enough for me.But if you are using rose essence then you may need to add 1/2 cup sugar.
- You can use any flavour following this method.You can even add fruit purees.
- You can eat the jelly as such or add it to puddings / desserts and serve.