Pomegranate Juice is a luscious revitalizing drink made by blending the deseeded pomegranates with water. Pomegranate Juice health benefits are plenty & could be made in minutes. How to make Pomegranate Juice at home is explained in this post with step by step pictures and video.
Pomegranate Juice is a bliss to be enjoyed for morning breakfast or mid-day or afternoon replacing tea. Chill your day healthily with Pomegranate Juice!
About Pomegranate Juice
Pomegranate Juice is the squash of pomegranate seeds and sweetened with sugar or honey. Pomegranate Juice is a soothing cool drink for managing the sweltering heat of the summer. Pomegranate Juice is a great idea of welcome drink, cool drink, party drink and energising drink that is both tasty & healthy!
Benefits of Pomegranate Juice
Pomegranate Juice benefits include being an antioxidant, which helpsto prevent cancer and other conditions, providing vitamin C for immune support, boosting digestive health, and reducing insulin resistance. Pomegranate Juice also helps to lower blood pressure, improve fertility and cleanse plaque from arteries. There is a myth that drinking of pomegranate juice by pregnant mothers give birth to pinkish complexion in babies.
Check out Recipe Index for more recipes.
- Pomegranate: Choosing Pomegranates: Picking pomegranate which is sweeter, ripen is bit difficult as most of the pomegranate appear to be alike. Choose Pomegranate that is bright in colour with golden shades in between, have fairly thin skin, bigger and weighing equal to its size. One big pomegranate with juicy seeds yield one cup of juice and add water based on the thickness you prefer.
- Cutting Pomegranates: Cutting Pomegranates in an art. The ideal way to cut without spilling juice / mess is to cut the outer skin in round shape at the top of the fruit (hold the knife and rotate the fruit) so that the piths (divisions / chambers) are visible. Then cut along the piths to get the seeds also called as arils without getting crushed.
- Sweetener: Add one or two tablespoons of sugar or honey based on the sweetness of the pomegranate seeds.
- Lime Juice: Lime Juice is optional – It helps to reduce the bitterness of the seeds (arils) of pomegranate.
If you have any more questions about this Pomegranate Juice Recipe do mail me at [email protected]. In addition, follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Youtube and Twitter .
Tried this Pomegranate Juice Recipe ? Do let me know how you liked it. Also tag us on Instagram @sharmispassions and hash tag it on #sharmispassions.
- 2 medium sized pomegranates
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup water
- First slit open the crown side. Do not cut deep inside.
- Remove the crown part and discard.
- Now cut along the sides as shown. Do not cut deep inside just give a slit to open.
- Now wiggle and loosen to open the cut slits.
- Now the wedges are easily opened.
- Invert it over a bowl and tap using a heavy wooden laddle.
- You can even use a chapathi roller to tap, tap with little force so that the pomegranate pearls fall inside the bowl. Pomegranate stains so be careful and have a kitchen cloth handy by the side.
- Now discard the white membrane part.
- Another way to remove pomegrante pearls is to manually remove the pearls alone as shown.
- Now after removing the pearls pick out the white membrane part if any and discard them.
- Pomegrante pearls are ready.
- Add it to mixer.
- Add 1/2 cup – 3/4 cup water to it.
- Pulse it few times. Do not grind if we grind the seeds may get grinded resulting in a slight bitterness so pulsing few times is just enough to extract juice.
- See the seeds are just crushed and not grinded.
- Place a strainer over a container and Transfer the prepared pomegranate juice to the strainer.
- Press well to extract juice completely.
- Pomegranate juice is ready. Pour into serving glass. Serve Pomegranate Juice and Enjoy!
- If you want you can sweetener either add honey or sugar.
- Adjust water according to the thickness of the juice.
Pomegranate Juice Step by Step
1.First slit open the crown side. Do not cut deep inside.
2.Remove the crown part and discard.
3.Now cut along the sides as shown. Do not cut deep inside just give a slit to open.
4.Now wiggle and loosen to open the cut slits.
5.Now the wedges are easily opened. When we cut it this way the seeds are not cut inbetween letting the juice spill.
6.Invert it over a bowl and tap using a heavy wooden laddle.
7.You can even use a chapathi roller to tap, tap with little force so that the pomegrante pearls fall inside the bowl. Pomegranate stains so be careful and have a kitchen cloth handy by the side.
8.Now discard the white membrane part.
9.Another way to remove pomegrante pearls is to manually remove the pearls alone as shown.
10.Now after removing the pearls pick out the white membrane part if any and discard them.
11.Pomegrante pearls are ready.
12.Add it to mixer.
13.Add 1/2 cup – 3/4 cup water to it.
14.Pulse it few times. Do not grind if we grind the seeds may get grinded resulting in a slight bitterness so pulsing few times is just enough to extract juice.
15.See the seeds are just crushed and not grinded.
16.Place a strainer over a container and Transfer the prepared pomegranate juice to the strainer.
17.Press well to extract juice completely.
18.Pomegranate juice is ready.
19.Pour into serving glass.
20.Serve and Enjoy!
- If you want you can sweetner either add honey or sugar.
- Adjust water according to the thickness of the juice.
Serving and Storage Suggestions
Serve Pomegranate Juice in a glass that you use in day to day routine. Pomegranate Juice tastes best fresh however if you have left overs, it keeps good for 2-3 days when refrigerated.
Explore the following variations with Pomegranate Juice
- Enjoy mocktail with equal amount of pomegranate juice and lemon juice or orange juice or apple juice.
- You can even add 1 tsp lemon juice for a tangy taste.
- Garnish juice with finely chopped nuts, herbs and lemon wedges
- Enjoy sugarless pomegranate juice as it is very healthy and refreshing. You can even add cane sugar / palm sugar replacing honey / sugar.
1.What is Pomegranate Juice?
Pomegranate Juice is a luscious revitalizing drink made by blending the deseeded pomegranates with water.
2.How do you make Pomegranate Juice?
- Peel off the skin and deseed the pomegranates.
- Blend the seeds with water.
- Chill it and enjoy the juice.
3.Why my pomegranate juice is slightly sour in taste?
Pomegranate Juice tastes sour if the pomegranate (seeds) are dried or if the seeds are not sweeter. Taste the seeds for sweetness before making juice and add honey or sugar accordingly.
4.Do we need to filter / strain the juice?
If Pomegranate Juice is for regular consumption, you can consume without filtering. However if it is for party or guests – filter!
5.Can we drink Pomegranate Juice daily?
Pomegranate Juice benefits are a plenty as it has antioxidant, which helps to prevent cancer, lowers blood pressure, improve fertility, cleanse plaque from arteries and reducing insulin resistance. Hence drinking a cup of pomegranate juice daily is recommended!
Healthy pomegranate juice. Nice one.
Looks lovely and refreshing. Neat presentation.
Wow nice and healthy drink…that's a perfect click dear…!
love the click..refreshing juice!
Wat a beautiful, refreshing and healthy juice…
wow the juice looks refreshing…
அனைவருக்கும் இனிய அன்னையர் தினவாழ்த்துகள்…
Hi Sharmi, Pomegranate is one of my fav fruit! Loved the juice…:)
Thats wonderful healthy juice.. Neat and wonderful clicks sharmi.. Wish If somebody could make me fresh juice like this instead of making my self. Sometimes I used to add very little piece of ginger along with the ingredients what u said.
Love this fruit! I make the juice most of the times 🙂 I liked the second picture ..
The season is only nov through Dec here! But we get the juice in bottle which has quiet different dark blood color! Happy Mother's Day!
wow…it seems great!!
woo healthy and very good for womens..
Dis pinki is Full of goodies….liked dis recipe.
thats no doubt looks so refreshing. I love pomegranate juice but if its made by others. the work of peeling is so tedious. love the colour and the pic.
hmmmm… Healthy refreshing drink dear 🙂
Sounds refreshing, looks so pretty!!
Great looking nutritious drink. Looks Delicious and refreshing.
I love juices and can have them anytime 🙂 Pomegranate juice… healthy and delicious.
Looks gr8..I always love the colour of it and adding lemon and honey sounds very interesting
Pomegranate is a great fruit to have because it is super healthy. I like your recipe with honey.
Lovely fruity juice. Nice colours of pomogranate fruit. Great on health too.
Home Cooked Oriya Food
lovely juice…. so colorful…
Healthy drink..luks colorful
Beautiful color and yummy drink!!
Looks refreshing and what a pretty color !
nice clicks 🙂 and looks refreshing Sharmi..
Lovely…such a refreshing drink for a hot summer day
That looks ultra healthy and tempting.
really a very refreshing juice for ur mind and body. nice click and wonderful color. happy to folllow uu
healthy drink with a beautiful color…
nice one looks yum
I simply love this drink but only if someones makes this for me ;-P as the though of peeling makes me nuts….Very beautiful and colorful drink. i specially liked your second click.
Have a nice weekend dear
refreshing drink with lovely colour n gr888 presentation !
first time here..nice blog…totally agree with you…pomegranate is my fav too…thats a beautiful looking glass of juice…lovely!
Lovely click, nice addition of honey!
Pomegranate juice is versatile. Will try this during pomegranate season!
Nice pomegranate juice – never had one. Like the pink spoon and towel – very organised 🙂
Nice refreshing drink Sharmi. I need to stock up all these recipes for upcoming summer. It gets very hot then.
Wow..lovely click..u have a great blog .. following u now 🙂
this is lovely!!!