Methi Seviyan is a special dish made for Ramadan / Ramzan / Eid.Meethi Seviyan – Meethi / Meetha / Mithi means sweet and seviyan is vermicelli so that defines the name.You can make methi seviyan with milk or without milk, I have given the version with milk but if you prefer you can replace milk with water, see measures in my notes section.Meethi Seviyan is very easy and quick to make almost similar like our semiya kesari.
Meethi Seviyan Recipe
Recipe Category: Dessert | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian|
Semiya(Fine Vermicelli) – 1/2 cup loosely packed and levelled
Boiled Milk – 1 cup
Sugar – 1/4 cup
Ghee – 1 tbsp
Cardamom powder – 1/8 tsp
Saffron – 3 to 4 strands
Cashewnuts – 5 broken
- Heat ghee in a pan, fry cashews till golden brown,Set aside.In the same pan, add vermicelli.
- Roast it till golden.Then add milk along with cardamom powder and saffron strands.
- Let it cook in sim,once vermicelli is cooked fully, it should be soft.Then add sugar.
- Once you add sugar, it will become loose keep cooking still it is sticky and thick.Finally add fried cashews and give a quick stir.Switch off.
Serve hot / warm!
- Water quantity may vary depending on the variety of vermicelli.
- Do not add sugar before the vermicelli gets cooked.
- The final consistency should be sticky and slightly mushy.You can make it semi dry or dry as per your preference too.
- If you want to replace milk with water then add 1 and 1/4 cup of water for 1/2 cup of vermicelli.
- You can even add chopped almonds and pistachios.
- Cook in low flame else it will get burnt.
- Make sure to roast vermicelli till nicely golden , don’t let it burn.
- Remember I measured the vermicelli only loosely packed so measure and adjust the ingredients according to your vermicelli measures.