Matka kulfi recipe – Kulfi icecream set in earthen clay pots called as matka kulfi or pot kulfi.I have tried different kulfi recipes and this summer wanted to try this matka kulfi. You can use any base kulfi recipe and use it for this.
I haven’t used khoya for this recipe just thickened milk with nuts mixture and it came out so good.If you want it more rich you can add 1/4 cup unsweetened khoya.
Check out other kulfi recipes.
📖 Recipe Card
Matka Kulfi is a delicious, cool dessert made by simmering milk & nuts powder to malai consistency and freezing it in earthen clay pot. Matka Kulfi is an anytime dessert that soothes the mood & fills the tummy.
- 2 cups full cream milk
- 1/4 cup heaped sugar
- 10 nos almonds
- 10 nos pista
- 1/2 no cardamom
- a pinch of saffron
- Grind together sugar, almonds, pistachios, saffron and cardamom together to a slightly coarse mixture, set aside.
- Boil milk in a pan. Simmer for 15 mins till milk reduces. Stir in between to avoid burning at the bottom.
- Now add nuts sugar mixture. Scrap the sides and keep cooking till the mixture is thick and creamy. Keep cooking. till it coats the ladle.
- Cool down completely.
- Rinse the clay pots then pour it in the pots. Freeze it overnight or at least for 6-8 hours.
- Enjoy tasty Matka kulfi!
- Corn flour mixed with milk is added to thicken milk faster but that can be skipped too.
- If you add very little saffron the color will be dull ivory.
- I recommend using full fat cream milk , don't use low fat milk.
- You can use corn flour mixed with milk as thickening agent. Just add it along with milk after boiling this helps in making the thickening process quicker.
Amount Per Serving (125 g)
Calories 318 Calories from Fat 117
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 5g31%
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Vitamin A 416IU8%
Vitamin C 0.3mg0%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Like our video?Subscribe to our youtube channel to get latest updates!
- Grind together sugar,almonds,pistachios,saffron and cardamom together to a slightly coarse mixture,Set aside.Boil milk in a pan.
- Simmer for 20 mins till milk reduces.Stir in between to avoid burning at the bottom.Now add nuts sugar mixture.
- Scrap the sides and keep cooking till the mixture is thick and creamy like shown below.Keep cooking. till it coats the laddle.It takes atleast 15mins.Cool down completely.
- Rinse the clay pots then pour the mixture into the pots.Freeze it overnight or atleast for 6-8 hours.I poured half of the mixture into kulfi moulds for mittus sake and only half of it in pots.
Yummy matka kulfis ready..!!