Please remember mothers feed is the best and its always good to start with other food only after the baby finishes 6 months.These baby food recipes will help those who are not able to breast feed due to personal / medical conditions.Always consult your pediatrician before introducing any new food.
Potato Puree Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Baby Food | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Potato – 1
Milk – 2 tsp
Water – 1 cup
- Rinse potatoes well to get rid of the mud that is sticking.Scrap out the skin, and discard them.Wash it well then cut into small pieces roughly.
- Take the cut pieces in a sauce pan along with water and cook covered.Cook in low medium flame until it becomes soft.
- If you mash it with between your fingers it should easily mash,thats the right stage.Take half od the cooked potatoes in a bowl.Now take a spoon.
- Mash it well without any lumps, then add milk and mix well to desired feeding consistency.
- Take the remainig potatoes,Puree it along with cooked water.I used a blender, you can even use a mixie.
- Cook the veggie until it is soft, just press and see to check if it has cooked.
- Choose firm potatoes without any deep spots on the skin.
- For milk : You can use either formula milk or mothers feed or regular milk whichever one you are feeding ,Consult your doctor about the type of milk to be introduced.
- You can skip milk and add water to make it thin to feeding consistency.
- Cook covered to retain the nutrients.
- You can add salt if you prefer.
- The texture of the puree is purely your preference.Gradually change texture of fruit and vegetable purees as your baby learns to chew.
- You can feed this twice a week.