She gave me this artificail grass mat too which I have used here in the pics…Thank you so much Shyamala!
Andhra Style Raw Mango Chutney Recipe
Recipe Category: Raita | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Raw Mango – 1/2 cup cubed
Split Moong Dal – 1/4 cup
Red Chillies – 4
Jeera – 1 tsp
Jaggery – 1 tsp
Salt – to taste
Oil – 2 tsp
Mustard – 1/2 tsp
Split Urad Dal – 1/2 tsp
Curry Leaves – few
Red Chilli – 1
- Wash the raw mango, scrap the skin and chop them roughly.Measure dal and cubed raw mango and set aside.In a pan heat little oil,roast moong dal till golden,Set aside to cool.
- Add jeera and roast it, set aside.Then add red chilli, roast till crisp.Transfer to a mixer.
- Grind to a coarse mixture then add raw mango required salt and jaggery.Grind it to a coarse paste with little water.
- Now do the tadka, heat oil and add the items listed under ‘to temper’ let it splutter then add this to the chutney and mix it well.
Serve with pulao / rotis!
- It was a bit spicy for our taste buds so reduce red chillies if you want.
- Adding jaggery is optional but I recommend adding it.