Icing Sugar is often used in many frostings for cakes and cookies.Making icing sugar at home is very easy, we just need granulate white sugar and cornflour.Powdering the sugar fine is the main key to yield icing sugar for perfect creamy smooth icing.Icing sugar is nothing but powdered sugar with cornflour added.
Homemade Icing Sugar Recipe
Recipe Category: Main | Recipe Cuisine: World
Granulate White Sugar – 1 cup
Cornflour – 1 tbsp
- Take 1 cup sugar in a mixer jar, Grind it to a fine powder.
- Transfer the mixture to a siever, add a tbsp of cornflour.Sieve it well atleast twice for even mixing.
- Discard this.Now store the icing sugar in an airtight container.
Use whenever required.
- Use a clean dry mixie jar.
- You can even make in bulk and store it.Keeps well for few months atleast.No need to refrigerate.
- Do not add cornflour while grinding sugar, as cornflour will generate heat and make the powdered sugar moist.