Eggless Cornflakes Cookies Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Snack | Recipe Cuisine: World | Recipe Reference: VeggieBelly
Maida(All purpose flour) – 1/2 cup (67 gms)
Cornflakes – 1/2 cup + 1/4 cup
Unsalted Butter – 1/4 cup (50 gms)
Granulated Sugar – 1/4 cup (55 gms)
Vanilla Essence – 1/4 tsp
Baking powder – 1/8 tsp
Salt – 1/8 tsp
- Crush the cornflakes(Both 1/2 and 1/4 cup together)coarsely or grind it in a mixer like I did.In a mixing bowl – add butter, vanilla essence and sugar.
- Beat it well with a whisk until fluffy and creamy.Sieve flour and baking powder twice atleast.
- Now add the flour and 1/2 cup cornflakes and mix gently to form a soft dough. If the dough is too crumble add 1 tsp of water and knead it.After forming the dough refrigerate for 15-30 mins.Then take out the dough and Roll it to a cylinder and cut into small equal pieces.
- Preheat oven to 177 deg C for 10mins. Meanwhile roll them into balls and slightly flatten them using your palms , now dip it in the cornflakes mixture(1/4 cup) so that it is evenly coated on all sides.Arrange the cookies in a parchment sheet / butter paper leaving 1 inch gap(the cookies dont spread much) and bake the cookies for 12-15mins keeping the tray in the middle rack or until the edges start browning.
These are crispy on the outside and crunchy inside!
- If the cornflakes don’t stick to the cookie dough, take few drops of water in your fingertips, and coat the cookie dough ball with water and then roll in cornflakes.My dough was greasy so didnt add water.
- After 12mins keep an eye on the oven, if you overbake the cookies will become crunchy but the taste will be the same.
- Once baked,remove the cookies from the oven and cool on a wire rack. They will still be soft when they come out of the oven, but will firm up once they cool.
- If the cookie dough out of the fridge is too stiff, break it up into smaller pieces, add 1 tablespoon water, knead gently then roll them.Refrigerating the dough helps in retaining the shape and avoids spreading of cookies.Also it results in a more flakier cookies. But if you are in a hurry then just skip the chilling part and leave nice gap between the cookies and bake them.
- You can even add the cornflakes to a ziplock bag and roll with a chapathi roller to crush it roughly.You can also press cashews in each cookie as in the original recipe.