Egg Poriyal is a simple and quick sidedish that you can make within few minutes.You can prepare this quick stir fry even at the last minute just before sitting for lunch as its better not to precook eggs and eat later, so make sure you always cook eggs and eat it fresh.
I prefer rice, rasam, egg poriyal combo, added on sundal to the menu…and yes our lunch was ready 🙂 I am planning to post more egg recipes as demanded by readers and friends, also I am loving experimenting with eggs 🙂 So stay tuned for more egg recipes here.
Egg Stir Fry Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Breakfast | Recipe Cuisine: World
Eggs – 2(I used country eggs)
Big Onion – 1 medium sized chopped finely
Sambar powder – 1/2 tsp
Pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
Salt – to taste
Green chilli – 1 small sized finely chopped
Hing – a tiny pinch
Curry Leaves – few
Ginger – 1/4 tsp(finely chopped)
- Break open your eggs and whisk it well,Set aside.Fine chop green chilli and ginger,Fine chop onions also and set aside.
- In a pan heat oil add jeera,hing,green chillies,ginger and curry leaves saute for 2mins.Then add onion and saute till it becomes transparent.Then add egg mixture.
- Mix it well, add sambar and pepper powders.Cook in low flame, scrap the pan if it sticks and fluff it up until its dry and raw smell of eggs leave.Switch off.
Seve hot with rice and any curry of your choice!
- You can even add any veggie along with eggs, like carrot, greens, cabbage etc.
- Pepper is must for this stir fry.Ginger is optional but I like the flavour so added it.
- I am buying country eggs these days so used that for this stir fry.You can use normal white egss too.
- Adding more onions gives a nice crunch and flavour to the curry.
- If you are planning to make for kids you can skip green chillies and replace it with little more pepper powder.
- Add a pinch of garam masala and coriander powders for making masala egg poriyal.
- After egg is added, keep stirring and fluffing.