Since the day she heard the news that I am carrying, she was so caring,understanding and cooperative at least for her age.I was so worried and skeptical of how she would adjust to the new born and all the 9months flew away just like that…and now when I look back, this pregnancy was such a pleasant journey with her around.I am sure the only familiar voice to the baby must have been hers 🙂
Now our house seems to be upside down with the lil ones arrival – I will be mentioning him as ‘gugu’ as per mittus order, ‘gugulaggi’ is the name she calls him 🙂 We are still trying to adjust to the new routine.I am sure it will take atleast a while for me to be back to routine till then I will have to manage with the drafts.I am sure you’all understand when there is a delay in replying back to your mails and messages.
I thought to resume back blogging with something sweet for this happy news and this chocolate cornflakes came to my rescue as I had this in drafts since I shared it in my collection of 30 easy desserts in Kungumam Thozhi.This chocolate cornflakes is very easy to make and will sure be loved by kids, just the setting time is more otherwise this is a very quick dessert that you can make to impress your guests.
Chocolate Cornflakes Recipe
Recipe Category: Desserts | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Plain Cornflakes – 1 cup heaped
Chocolate Chips – 1/3 cup heaped
Honey – 2 tbsp
Chopped Nuts and Raisins – 1 tbsp
- Take choco chips in a heat proof bowl.Using double boiler method(Take a pan with water,let it boil,place the bowl containing chococips on top of it without the bowl touching the boiling water).Melt the chocolate.
- It should be free flowing,melt till that consistency it may take few mins for it to melt completely.Take honey and mix it with melted chocolate.Crush cornflakes with your hands.
- Add it to melted chocolate.Add chopped nuts and raisins.Mix it well.
- Scoop out with a deep curved spoon and carefully spoon it mini muffin liners.I sprinkled edible silver sugar beads on top/Refrigerate it until serving time.It may take atleast 2-3 hrs for it to set.
Cool down then store.
- You can even use cooking chocolate to replace choco chips.
- You can use any nuts of your choice.
- You can add 1/4 tsp vanilla essence for extra flavour.