Apple Puree can be given to babies from 4th month itself(only if you opt to start solids at this month).Apple is one of the first few fruits best to be introduced to babies.It is also a good laxative so helps for easy digestion.
Please remember mothers feed is the best and its always good to start with other food only after the baby finishes 6 months.This 4-5 months baby food recipes will help those who are not able to breast feed due to personal / medical conditions.Always consult your pediatrician before introducing any new food.
Apple Puree for Babies – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Baby Food| Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Apple – 1 cup
Water – little more than 1/4 cup or as needed
- Take a small apple, wash it well.Cut it, remove the skin and seeds.
- Chop it roughly into cubes.Take it in a sauce pan, add water.
- Cook in medium flame until it turns soft, it will look transparent and when you prick with a knife / spoon it should easily go inside.It will take just few mins.This is the right stage, switch off and cool down.
- Take it in a blender and puree it.
- Feed immediately.
- Cook apple until it is soft, you can see the transparency or just press and see to check if it has cooked to perfection.
- Do not add more water, just water till immersing level is just enough.
- Puree it along with the water.Do not strain water.
- You can pressure cook for 2 whistles too.
- Cook covered to retain the nutrients.