Baby Corn 65 – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Side dish | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Baby Corn – 8 small
Chat Masala powder – 1/4 tsp
Oil – to deep fry
To be made into a batter:
Maida – 2 tbsp
Rice Flour – 2 tbsp
Corn Flour – 1 tbsp
Lemon Juice – 1/4 tsp(optional)
Curd – 3 tbsp
Garam Masala Powder – 1/4 tsp
Ginger Garlic paste – 1/2 tsp
Kashmiri Red Chilli powder – 1 tsp
Cooking soda – 1/8 tsp
Salt- to taste
- Trim the edges and slice the baby corn as shown.Chop them into small pieces.Mine was fat so slit them again vertically to have thin strips.In a mixing bowl add the ingredients listed under ‘to be made into a batter’.I used Kasmiri red chilli powder to get a bright red color.
- Sprinkle little water, Mix well to make a slightly thick flowing paste.Add lemon juice.Now add the cut baby corn pieces.
- Coat it well on all sides.Heat oil in a kadai and deep fry them until golden.
- Look at the color, this is the right stage to remove.Drain in tissue paper.
- Sprinkle chat masala powder.Fry curry leaves and add to it.Toss it well.
- If you prefer toasting in tawa, then pressure cook baby corn for a wshitle and then proceed,
- Don’t make the batter too thick, we just need to coatr baby corn.If you make it thin then it will coat.