Cumin Biscuits Recipe
Recipe Category: Snack | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Wheat Flour – 1 cup
Powdered Sugar – 1/4 cup
Jeera – 1 heaped tsp
Unsalted chilled butter – 1/4 cup
Baking powder – 1/4 tsp
Salt – 1/8 tsp
Milk – 2 to 3 tbsp
- Take wheat flour in a mixing bowl add baking powder and salt to it, mix well.Then add chilled butter and powdered sugar.Break butter with your finger tips and rub it with the flour till it remblems breadcrumb like texture.Then add cumin seeds and mix it.
- Now add milk little by little to form a dough, not too tight more like our chapathi dough.
- Cling wrap it and refrigerate for atleast 15mins.Using a rolling pin roll the dough slightly thin to 1/8 inch thickness.Use a butter paper underneath to avoid sticking.
- Preheat oven at 180 deg C for 10mins.Use a cookie cutter and cut into small shapes.Gather the remaining dough and roll again,cut with cookie cutter and repeat the process until the whole dough gets over.Bake in preheated oven for 18-20 mins or until the edges start to brown.Cool in wirerack.
Cool down and then store in airtight container.Serve warm with a glass of milk or as a tea time snack.
- Use only chilled butter for this recipe, I used homemade butter.
- You can add full maida or use half and half of maida and wheat flour.
- Do not overbake the biscuits will become hard.
- The variations to this recipe is endless,replace jeera with ajwain or add vanilla essence or add choco chips or add some spice powders and skip sugar etc.
- Refrigerating for a while avoids spreading of cookies while getting baked.
- I got around 25small cookies.
- The baking timing depends on the cookie size and thickness.If you are making a slighter thicker cookie then it might take atleast 20mins to get baked fully, so adjust the timing accordingly.Mine got done in 15mins.
- These biscuits are mildly sweet, if you prefer more sweeter biscuits then add 1/2 cup powdered sugar for 1 cup of flour.