I wanted to try some variation in pizza and this pinwheels came to my mind as I had not tried making such rolls after garlic rolls.This came out soo good with a crusty top and soft goey inside, yumm!! Hubby enjoyed the warm pizza rolls , it is such a bliss when had hot / warm with a dip of tomato sauce….!! I made these yesterday and couldn’t wait to share so here am with this post 🙂
Pizza Rolls Recipe
Recipe Category: Snack | Recipe Cuisine: World
Wheat Flour – 1/2 cup
Plain Flour – 1/2 cup
Warm Water- 1/3 cup
Active Yeast – 1/2 tsp
Salt – 1/4 tsp
Sugar – 1/2 tbsp
Olive Oil – 1 tbsp
For the stuffing:
Onion – 1 tbsp finely chopped
Capsicum – 3 tbsp finely chopped
Mozarella Cheese – 3 tbsp + 2 tsp
Oregano – as required
Chilli Flakes – as needed
- Take water, olive oil, sugar and salt.Add yeast to it and whisk it well.Set aside.
- Mix wheat flour and maida in a mixing bowl.Whisk it well.Now add the flour mixture to the yeast solution.
- Mix well and knead it to a soft pliable dough.Set aside to rest in a warm place for atleast an hour.Then flour a surface and roll it to slightly thick rectangle shape.Add pizza sauce, sprinkle oregano.
- Then add onion and capsicum.Sprinkle cheese.Roll it tightly.
- Roll into a log , cling wrap it and refrigerate it for 10mins just to make the dough stiff.Preheat oven at 180 deg C for 10mins.Then brush it with olive oil and cut into slightly thick slices.
- Line the baking tray with silver foil and arrange the pizza slices with cut side on top.Sprinkle cheese, oregano and chilli flakes.Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg C for 15-20 mins or until the edges start to brown.
Serve hot / warm!!
- The dough shouldn’t be sticky…if so then ur dough is watery so add in a little more flour. The dough shouldn’t be very tight, if it is then the pizza will be hard.
- Roll it tight else the filling wouldn’t be intact.
- I refrigerated the dough just to make it stiff so that cutting would be easy.Slice carefully else the filling may fall apart.
- Baking time may differ in microwave, may be it cooks faster so keep an eye after 12mins then proceed accordingly.
- The resting time totally depends on the type of yeast you are using and the climatic conditions of your location.
- You can replace pizza sauce with tomato sauce.
- If you stuff more then while cutting you will not get the slices neatly.
- If you don’t want the top to be crusty(crispy) then just bake for 10-12mins.