Lassi is very heavy and thick which is served in shops, I made it on the lighter side by adding water and reducing malai. You can check the kesar lassi which I posted last year.
Sweet Lassi Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Beverage | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Chilled Thick Curd(Yogurt) – 1.5 cups
Sugar – 2 tbsp
Chilled Milk – 1/8 cup
Crushed ice – from 2 small cubes
Cardamom powder – 1/4 tsp
Rose Essence – 1/4 tsp(optional)
Cream (Malai) or Butter (Makhan) – 1 tbsp
For Punjabi Lassi version:
Rooh Afza – 1/4 tsp (or) Rose Essence – 1/4 tsp
- First transfer the curd in a bowl beat it well , then add milk and water. Then add sugar, taste and adjust the sweetness accordingly.
- Add cardamom powder,rose essence and mix well. Beat it until frothy or just blend it in a mixer. Dont overblend else butter will start floating on top.
Top it with malai, serve chilled and frothy.
- You can also add a pinch of saffron for extra flavour.
- Actually you can top up more cream by pouring the lassi and then adding cream alternatively till you reach the rim of the glass.
- You can use slightly use sour curd which works best.
- No need to whisk the malai to a creamy texture as you need to feel the malai texture in your mouth while drinking.