Saw this biriyani recipe in a magazine, I adjusted it a bit and made it few days back and we totally loved the flavour of the biriyani. With peas added it gives a nice crunch to it.
- You can make it plain coconut milk biriyani too skipping peas. Or use the same recipe for making vegetable biriyani.
- The orginal recipe called for 3 red chillies and 4 green chillies I reduced it adjusting to our spice level. You can + or – as per your preferred spice level.
- I usually use the ratio of rice : water as 1:1.5 cups but you can use 2 cups too if you want your rice to be slightly moist.
- You can also add sweet corn which pairs well with peas.
- As I’ve mentioned I used coconut milk powder, you can even use fresh thick(first) coconut milk.