Though there are a mix and match of healthy recipes in this space I wanted to go for a week healthy…… So whats up for the coming days – For a week, I will be posting healthy diet recipes which will comprise of a breakfast, lunch, dessert, teatime drink, a snack and ending up with a dinner idea so its going to be 6 recipes for this series . How does that sound?!
So am starting off with my favourite breakfast – homemade muesli / granola. You can check out my granola bars here.These days its become very common even in india in most of homes to start off the day with healthy cereals / muesli and we are no exception to it.
- Chop all the nuts and dry fruits roughy, keep aside.
- In a sauce pan, dry roast oats, cornflakes, walnuts, almonds , dry fruits and nuts till golden brown or till a nice aroma comes. Keep aside.
- Now in the same pan, add butter let it melt then add honey and salt. Allow it boil till bubbles are seen it may take 4-5mins. Now add the toasted oats, cornflakes nuts mixture. Mix well.
- Allow the honey butter mixture to coat the toasted oats, cornflakes nuts mixture. It may take 2-3 mins. Switch off and allow it to cool for few mins.
- Bake the mixture at 200 deg C for 5 mins to make it more crispy. Cool down and store it in an airtight container. Serve it with chilled milk.
You can also see my other healthy breakfast ideas :
My Notes :
- The baking at the last step is purely optional but I do this for extra crispness and this will also make the muesli stay crisp for longer – Tip from Prathiba
- Store it in an airtight container for the crispness to stay longer.
- Muesli is totally flexible, you can just have the cup measurement in mind and add in any nuts and dry fruits of your choice.
- Add milk preferably cold but if you like it hot, then go ahead.