I have already posted fruit cookies earlier but this is a different take using the basic cookie dough that I posted a while back.These fruit and nut cookies are so buttery and flavourful with the crunch in nuts and dry fruits that we loved it so much, it resembled and tasted like the karachi biscuits a lot.
The dough should be firm enough to cut so make sure to refrigerate until firm to cut to get neat slices.
Fruit and Nut Cookies Recipe
Recipe Category: Main | Recipe Cuisine: World
For the cookie dough:
Maida(All Purpose Flour) – 1 cup levelled
Butter – 1/2 cup at room temperature
Powdered sugar – 1/2 cup
Vanilla Essence – 1/2 tsp
Salt – 1/8 tsp
Dry Fruits and Nuts:
Dried Cranberries – 2 tbsp chopped finely
Dry Grapes – 2 tsp chopped finely
Pisachios – 2 tbsp chopped finely
Apricots – 1 tbsp chopped finely
- Measure and take butter in a mixing bowl,add powdered sugar to it.
- Whisk it well,I used my hand whisk, you can use electric mixer too.Whisk it until creamy and fluffy.
- Now add vanilla essence and salt.Finally add in the flour.
- Mix with a spatula to form a dough.
- Now use your hands to roll into a ball,cling wrap it and refrigerate it.
- I used half of the dough for this cookie.Chop the dry fruits and nuts.NOw half portion of the prepared dough add the dry fruits and nuts.
- Mix it well so that the dry fruits and nuts are evenly distributed.Now shape it into a log,place it on a butter paper.
- Wrap it well, refrigerate it for atleast 1 hr.Slice the log.Preheat the oven at 180 deg C for 10 mins.
- Slice it not too thick or too thin.Transfer it to a baking tray lined with aluminum foil.Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 mins or until the edges turn golden.
Cool down then store in airtight container.
- This dough is eggless and keeps well in fridge for atleast 2-3 weeks.
- You can use this cookie dough recipe as the base for many cookie recipes.
- I used homemade butter.
- I prepared the dough before hand so added the dry fruits after the dough was prepared.But if you are making this cookies alone, then add the dry fruits and nuts along with the flour in step4.
- The cookie may looks soft when taken out but do not be tempted to bake more.When it starts to become golden take it out, after cooling down it becomes crisp.
- You can use any of your favorite dry fruits and nuts.