Chocolate Granola makes a perfect chocolaty breakfast for those days when we crave for chocolate.I wouldn’t say this is healthy but once in a while we can have it.Bake this chocolate granola and enjoy a chocolaty breakfast! Once you try it, am sure you will fall in love with it !
Chocolate Granola Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Breakfast | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Rolled oats – 1 cup
Almonds – 2 tbsp chopped
Dessicated coconut – 2 tbsp
Raisins – 1 tbsp
Cranberries – 1 tbsp
Choco Chips – 2 tbsp
To be mixed together:
Cocoa powder – 1 tbsp
Brown sugar – 2 tsp
Honey – 2 tbsp
Vanilla essence – 1/8 tsp
Oil – 1 tbsp
- Take rolled oats in a mixing bowl, add chopped almonds,then raisins.
- Add cranberries,dessicated coconut.
- Mix it once,Set aside.Take a pan add all the ingredients listed under ‘To be mixed together’, heat it up for 2 mins.Mix well until it becomes like a sauce.
- Add this to the oats nuts mixture.Mix well with a spoon.Break if its sticks and rolls into a ball.
- Preheat oven at 175 deg C with the wirerack inside.Meanwhile grease the baking tray, transfer the granola mixture to the tray. Spread it such that it forms a thin layer.
- Carefully place the baking tray on the wirerack and bake for 20-25mins flipping over every 10mins.Keep an eye after 15mins, it can easily burn so keep mixing.When its still warm, add the choco chips.
Cool down then store in airtight container.Serve with chilled / hot milk as per our preference.
- The quantity of nuts and dryfruits can be adjusted as per your preference.
- Adjust sweetness according to your preference.
- Keeps well atleast for 2 weeks.
- Add a pinch of salt if you prefer.
- You can use normal quick cooking oats, but keep an eye on the timing.