Other Ladoo Recipes:
Aval Ladoo Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Sweet | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Thick Aval(Poha) – 3/4 cup
Chutney Dal – 1/4 cup
Sugar – 1/3 cup
Melted Ghee – 1/4 cup
Cardamom powder – 1/8 tsp
Cashews – 5 broken
Raisins – 10
- First spread the poha and remove any dust /speck if any.Then dry roast it in a pan till nice aroma rises say 3-5mins in low flame without changing the color of poha.Keep mixing at intervals to avoid browning.Set aside.Then roast fried gram dal for 2mins then transfer both poha and fried gram dal to a mixer.
- Grind it a fine powder.Transfer to a mixing bowl.Then grind sugar to a fine powder.
- In a tsp of ghee add the cashews fry till golden then add raisins , let it bubble then switch off and set aside.In a mixing bowl add powdered poha,sugar ghee fried raisins and cashews,cardamom powder.Mix well.
- Add ghee.Mix well and break the lumps formed.Start shaping them into laddus.
Store in an airtight container and enjoy your homemade poha ladoos!
- I used thick poha, you can use any variety you have either thick / thin or even red aval.
- Make sure to roast the poha well else it will give a raw taste.
- For frying cashews and raisins I used 2 tsp from that 1/4 cup ghee itself.
- Adding fried gram dal gives a nice flavour to the ladoos.
- The ladoo keeps well for 5-6 days.
- Make sure you break all the lumps, mix well then shape them into ladoos.