Peas Pulao Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Main | Recipe Cuisine: North Indian
Basmati rice – 1 cup
Fresh peas – 1/2 cup
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
Onions – 1 chopped lengthwise
Green chillies – 2
Mint leaves – 1/8 cup(optional)
Water – 1 and 1/2 cups
Salt – to taste
Oil – 1 tbsp
Ghee – 1 tbsp
Shahi Jeera – 1 tsp
Bay leaf – 1 small
Cinnamon – 1/2 inch piece
Cloves – 2
Star Anise -1 small
- In a pressure cooker : Heat oil, ghee in a pan. Add jeera,cloves, cinnamon, bay leaf and star anise. Fry for 2mins.Now add ginger garlic paste and onions and saute till golden brown.
- Then add mint leaves and green chillies saute till it shrinks. Then add peas and give a quick stir.Add required salt.
- Rinse rice well and presoak in water for 15-20mins. Drain water and add the rice, give a quick stir.
- Add water and pressure cook for 3-4 whistles. Once pressure releases , open and carefully mix the rice and fluff it up.
Serve hot with any gravy of your choice.
- Adding mint leaves gives a nice flavour but its purely optional.
- You can also add a pinch of garam masala powder for extra flavour.
- Soaking rice helps in cooking faster.I always use 1:1.5 rice:water ratio for basmati rice. You can also use your measures.