The method is almost the same as making of rasmalai except that we replace the rasgullas with bread slices and enjoy the bread rasgullas in the rabri 🙂
Bread Rasmalai Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Dessert | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Bread – 4 slices
Milk – 2 cups
Ghee – 1 tsp
Condensed milk – 2 tbsp
Sugar – 1/4 cup
Mixed Nuts(pista,cashews and badam)-2 tbsp chopped
Saffron – 4 strands
Cardamom powder – 1/4 tsp (optional)
- Take a wide heavy bottomed vessel, grease it with little ghee and add condensed milk + milk. Bring to a boil and reduce to medium flame. Keep stirring till the milk starts thickening and reduced to half.Meanwhile take 2 tbsp of warm milk, add saffron strands and crush it well, keep aside.
- Now add the saffron milk to the boiling and keep stirring. Then add the sugar and keep stirring. The mixture is called rabri and it tastes divine by itself 🙂
- Keep in sim and stir it till it reduces in volume.Fry the nuts in ghee and add it to the rabri and mix well. Add cardamom powder and give a quick mix.
- Once the rabri is thick switch it off and refrigerate it. Meanwhile take bread slices, trim the corners. Take a small lid and press it gently on the bread slices into small circles. At the time of serving take a bowl add the rabri and drop the bread rounds.
Delicious easy bread rasmalai ready in minutes. Serve it always cold!
- Chill the rabri until serving time. Also do not pre-soak bread, just add it while serving.
- You can even toast the bread slightly in ghee then add it to the rabri.
- You can also 1 tbsp milk powder for thickness and flavour.