Egg Noodles Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Main | Recipe Cuisine: Chinese
Hakka Noodles – 2 cups
Veggies – 1 and 1/4 cup (I used cabbage,capsicum and carrot)
Soya Sauce – 3/4 tsp
Green Chilli Sauce – 1/2 tbsp(optional)
Eggs – 2
Garlic – 2 tsp chopped finely
Pepper powder – 1 tsp(Preferably freshly ground pepper)
Olive Oil – 2 tbsp + 1 tsp
Salt – as required
- Boil water(well enough for the noodles to immerse fully) and add 1/2 tsp of oil in water. In boiling water add the hakka noodles. Check if its cooked then drain the water and keep the noodles aside.
- Heat 1/2 tsp oil in a pan, then break the eggs and add it with a pinch of salt and pepper. Scramble it well, till the egg is completely cooked. Keep aside.
- Make all your ingredients ready.Heat remaining oil in the same pan. Add garlic fry till golden brown.Then add finely chopped carrot and cabbage.Keep in medium high flame and saute the veggies until raw smell leaves.
- Add capsicum saute for 2mins.Then add soya sauce,chilli sauce and pepper powder.Keep in high flame stir well then again simmer. Stir well until veggies gets mixed well with the sauces.Add scrambled eggs and give a quick stir.
- Now add boiled and drained noodles to the pan and mix well with sauces and veggies. Toss the noodles for 2mins. Switch off the flame.
- I didnt have springonion in hand so skipped it. If you are planning to use then add the white part along with garlic and the green part along with the veggies. It does give a nice flavour so use it.
- You can make the noodles saucy by adding in more sauces and little water.
- Add oil to boiling water so that the noodles dont stick to each other once cooked.
- After the veggies are added dont overcook as the veggies will become very soft. The veggies should be crunchy not soft.