Mango paratha recipe
Mango paratha recipe which has a mix of flavours, sweet and spicy this paratha is so tasty.
Servings 6 parathas
- 1 heaped cup wheat flour
- 1 small mango (1/2 cup mango puree)
- 1/4 tsp jeera powder
- 1/4 tsp red chilli powder
- salt to taste
- Ghee / Oil as needed to toast
Measure and take a heaped cup of wheat flour in a mixing bowl. Add half cup mango puree to it.Add jeera powder, red chilli powder and required salt.
Mix well first then knead it to soft nonsticky dough.Rest aside for 15mins without disturbing it.
Roll it into 6 lemon sized balls.Take one ball flatten it slightly with your palms and place it on the rolling board.Sprinkle flour and roll to a small thick circle.
Fold them from both sides as shown then fold from other side also like this.Seal it completely.
Now turn over to other side and roll it to a slightly thin paratha.Roll the parathas and make it ready.
Heat a dosa tawa, place a paratha drizzle oil and slightly on all sides with a laddle. It will puff up nicely.then turn over and cook on both sides until brown spots appear here and there.Like wise make all the parathas.
- Make sure to cook the parathas in low flame as it tends to cook faster.Keep an eye as it will easily get burnt.
- You can make regular round parathas too.I just wanted to insist on the folding as it gives very soft parathas.You can bring all the edges to the center(like how we do for stuffed parathas),seal and then roll again to get circular shaped parathas.