Mushroom sandwich recipe
Mushroom sandwich recipe grilled sandwich with cheese and mushroom stuffing.
- 4 nos bread slices
- 1/2 cup mushrooms chopped
- 2 tbsp onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsp capsicum finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 4 tbsp grated cheese I used mozzarella
- salt to taste
Heat oil in a kadai/pan - add jeera let it splutter, add ginger garlic paste let it splutter then add onion along with salt and fry till transparent.Then add capsicum saute for a minute, do not let it soften.
Then add cleaned and chopped mushroom, saute in high medium flame so that it doesn't let out much water.Saute for 2 mins then add pepper powder and garam masala powder.
Saute for 2 mins and switch off.Take bread slices, add generous amount of mushroom filling then sprinkle cheese to cover the stuffing.
Seal it with another slice of bread, spread butter on top.Preheat sandwich maker - add the bread slices and cook as per sandwich maker instructions until golden and crisp.
Cut and serve hot!
- Sauteing in medium high flame avoids letting out more water.We need the crunch in mushrooms not too soft so cooking this way helps.
- You can even add mushrooms halved or sliced but I prefer chopping it fine as its easier for stuffing.
- If you want to skip cheese then skip it, it taste good on its own too.