Few weeks back, Nirlep a popular brand selling Nonstick cookwares had featured my gobi paneer kofta in their facebook page and later they asked me to review their product. First I was a bit hesitant but when my friend said that their pans are good, I accepted the offer. I got the nonstick pan last week and by now I have used it many times.I used it for tawa idli too, the pan is nicely grooved inside so while stirring there is no spilling at ll which I liked the most.
Nirlep Select+ nonstick pans comes with a special coating with free use of metal spoons and is durable too.It is totally nonsticky and cleaning is easy too.It has a base grooving for quick and even distribution of heat. It comes with a silver lid.I recommend checking their products online.
Tawa Idli Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Main | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Butter – 1/2 tbsp
Oil – 1 tsp
Ginger – 1/4 tsp finely chopped
- Refrigerate the leftover idlis for few mins.Cut into bite sized cubes,Set aside.In a pan heat butter add ginger and saute for a min, then add onion and saute till it turns transparent.
- Then add tomatoes and saute till mushy, once raw smell of tomatoes leave, add pav bhaji masala powder and required salt.Give a mix.
- Then add the idli cubes and mix well till the masalas are evenly coated with the idlis.Garnish with coriander leaves, add lemon juice and switch off.
Serve hot / warm as a snack!
- This is spicy so adjust the masala powder if you prefer it mild.May be you can 1.2 tsp of pav bhaji masala powder.
- Refrigerating the idlis for a while avoids stickiness while cutting the idlis.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and add lemon juice while serving.