Peanut Rice Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Rice | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Leftover Rice – 3/4 cup
Gingelly Oil – 1 tsp
Roasted Peanuts – 1/4 Cup
White Sesame seeds – 1 tbsp
Red chillies – 2
Grated dry coconut – 2 tablespoon
Urad Dal – 1 tsp
Oil – 1 tsp
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Curry Leaves – a sprig
Raw Peanuts – 1 tbsp
- Dry roast all the ingredients(1st table) except rice till golden brown along with required salt.Cool down and transfer it to a mixer.Grind it to a coarse powder.
- Heat oil – add the items listed under ‘to temper’ let it splutter.Then in a mixing bowl add rice, peanut powder and tempered items.Mix well.Check for salt and adjust accordingly.
Serve the rice hot with papads / chips!
- You can make the spice powder a day ahead and just mix it the next day to pack for lunch.
- While grinding just pulse and grind else the spice powder will become sticky.
- Adding a tsp of gingelly oil(nalennai) while mixing rice keeps the rice moist.