Besan Ladoo – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Sweet | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Besan Flour – 1 cup
Powdered Sugar – 1/2 cup
Melted Ghee – 1/4 cup + 3 tbsp
Caradamom powder – 1/4 tsp
Saffron – 5 strands
Cashews – 2 tbsp broken
- Sieve gram flour once and keep it ready.Heat a tsp of ghee add broekn cashews and roast it tll golden brown,set aside.Heat 1/4 cup ghee in a nonstick pan preferably.
- Now add sieved gram flour.Roast it in low flame until color changes to golden brown…Keep stirring continuously to avoid burning at the bottom.this may take 7-10mins.Now add cardamom powder and saffron give a quick mix and switch off.
- Let it cool for 5mins then add powdered sugar and mix well until completely blended.Now transfer this mixture to a mixing bowl along with ghee and cashews.
- When the mixture is warm, combine well to form a smooth dough.Then shape balls with your hands.You can even grease your hands with ghee to avoid sticking.I got 8 lemon sized ladoos as shown below.
You can even garnish with almonds/pisatas for extra crunch.Let it cool completely then transfer to an airtight container and enjoy your homemade ladoos.
- Make sure you roast besan flour till raw smell leaves else it will give a raw taste to the ladoos.
- You can even add add 2 tbsp roasted sooji along with besan flour to make the ladoo.It will give nice crunchiness to the ladoo.
- With just 1/4 cup of ghee you can form balls but the ladoo will not be moist. So while shaping I added extra 3 tbsp to make the dough mosit and smooth.
- You can even add pistachios and almonds for garnishing the ladoos.