Hope all are enjoying the new year. Our apt new year party yesterday went great that the memories are still in my mind 🙂 I took my camera but was so involved that I didnt click pics 😉 It was soo good to watch the kids play, dance and fill the stage with life. As a additional surprise I was called in as a judge for jodi porutham and I totally enjoyed judging the show. The party ended with a final touch of fireworks and cake cutting at midnight.
Palada Pradhaman Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Dessert | Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Rice Ada – 1/4 cup
Milk – 2 cups (1/2 liter)
Sugar – 1/4 cup
Ghee – 1 tsp
Cardamom powder – a pinch (optional)
Cashews – 5 whole chopped
- Measure ada rinse it well.Drain water completely and set aside.
- Add milk in a pan, allow it to boil.Keep stirring in medium flame until it thickens and becomes almost half of the quantity.Now add the ada.
- Cook until the ada becomes soft – Keep in low flame for 3-5mins stirring often to avoid burning at the bottom.
- You can see the ada has cooked.Now add sugar and keep stirring.
- Keep in low flame for 3-5mins and switch off in semi runny consistency as it thickens after sometime.Add caradamom powder and switch off. Heat ghee in a tadka pan, add chopped cashews and raisins – fry until golden brown.
- Garnish with cashews and serve hot or cold.Set aside.
Serve hot / cold as per your preference.
- The quantity of milk can be adjusted too, you can add more milk too, add in condensed milk to make it even more richer version.
- This payasam tends to thicken with time, add milk at the time of serving.
- If you feel the paysam to be thick, just add in little milk while serving
- You can serve it warm or cold – I luv it cold 🙂