I am not good at eating veggies so from my childhood days amma always sneaks veggies in whatever ways possible and this aviyal is one among them and till date its my favourite. We like our aviyal a bit gravy kind but you can make it a thick curry as per your preference.
- First grind the greenchillies with jeera and coconut to a fine paste. Keep aside
- In a pan add the chopped veggies to boiling water, add turmeric powder, little salt and cook until the veggies turn soft. Cook the vegetables which takes time seperately. Drain water and keep the veggies aside.
- Now in the same pan add the veggies and the grinded paste and bring it a single boil. Adjust salt if required and add little water at this stage if you feel the curry thick.
- Then in a seperate kadai, heat coconut oil and add curry leaves, allow it to splutter. Add the veggies coconut curry and mix well.
- Switch off and cool down completely , then add curd and mix well. Your creamy yummy aviyal is ready!
My Notes :
- The consistency of aviyal can be adjusted as per your preference. We like it a bit like gravy, you can make it thick too. Adjust curd accordingly.
- Add veggies of your choice. You can even pressure cook the veggies until soft and then add them to the curry
- Adding coconut oil enhances the flavour and gives it the traditional kerala aviyal taste so dont skip it.