Written by: SHARMILEE J
Poricha kuzhambu is a kind of sambar variety with no tamarind extract. To me, poricha kuzhambu tastes inbetween our regular sambar and arachuvitta sambar :)
- First dry roast the items one by one given under 'to roast ad grind', and grind it to a coarse powder. Keep aside
- Pressure cook thoor dhal for 3 whistles until mushy. Mash it well and keep aside.
- In a kadai , heat oil add mustard seeds, urad dhal and curry leaves allow it to crackle. Then add red chillies saute for a minute.
- Now add the mashed up dhal, add turmeric powder and drumstick. Allow it to get cooked(It may take around 10mins). Add required salt.
- You may also pressure cook the drumstick adn add it here.Once it gets cooked add the roasted powder and allow it to boil for sometime until it gets a thick consistency.Switch off and serve hot with rice.
- Any veggie of your choice can be added or a combination of all veggies can be added too
- Drumstick can be pressure cooked and added too
- This is a thick sambar variety that goes well with rice and idlis and dosas