Kadai Mushroom Masala Recipe – Ingredients
Recipe Category: Sidedish | Recipe Cuisine: North Indian
Cleaned Mushroom – 1 cup chopped
Capsicum – 1 chopped
Onion – 1 chopped finely
Tomato puree – from 3 small sized tomatoes
Jeera – 1 tsp
Red chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
Garam masala powder
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
Kasuri methi / Dried fenugreek leaves – 1/2 tsp
Red Chillies – 1
Coriander leaves – 2 tsp chopped finely
Oil – 3 tsp
Salt- to taste
- Clean mushroom as shown in the link, slice it and keep aside.Heat oil, add jeera allow it to crackle then add red chillies and fry for a minute.Add onions, ginger garlic paste and saute till onions turn slightly browned.
- Next add the capsicum, saute well retaining its crunchiness.Then add the tomato puree and fry for 3-4 mins till raw smell leaves.Then add the chilli, turmeric, red chilli powder, coriander powder ,garam masala powder and required salt – mix well and fry for few mins.
- Add little water if its very thick.Add the mushroom and mix gently until well combined.
- Simmer for 3 mins and keep closed so that the mushroom gets cooked, becomes soft and nicely blended with the gravy. Once the mushroom gets soft,Simmer for 2 mins then add kasoori methi, coriander leaves and switch it off.
- ou can even grind redchillies with tomato and coriander seeds and then add as I did for kadai paneer, gives a fresh flavour.
- This is medium spicy with the measurement I have given. You can adjust according to your taste buds.