Onion dosa waffles recipe
Onion dosa waffles recipe.
Servings 6 waffles
- 2 cups idli dosa batter
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 nos green chillies finely chopped
- 1 tsp idli podi
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves finely chopped
- 2 tbsp butter
To a mixing bowl add idli dosa batter, if needed you can add little water but it should not be too thin.Get ready with all other ingredients.Add them to the batter.
Mix well.The batter should be pourable but not too runny.Heat the waffles maker as per the instruction on your manual.Grease the waffle maker with butter.
Pour the batter and close it.Cook until the waffles turn golden and the edges are crisp. It may take atleast 10-12mins, depends on your waffle maker too.Remove the waffles carefully and serve hot with sambar and chutney.
- The cooking time depends on the waffle maker, it took 10mins for me.
- The batter should be thickish but pourable, so don't add more water and make it runny.
- You can replace butter with oil or ghee too.
- You can even add finely chopped tomatoes and vegetables too.