Besan bread toast recipe
Besan bread toast recipe a quick instant bread toast made with besan or gramflour.It takes just 20 mins to make and sure a quick fix for breakfast.
Servings 6 slices
- 5 to 6 slices bread
- 1 cup besan flour
- 1/4 cup onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsp capsicum finely chopped
- 1 tbsp carrot grated
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp ajwain
- a pinch turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves finely chopped
- salt to taste
- water as needed
- oil / butter to toast
Take your bread slices and keep it ready.To a mixing bowl add all ingredients except bread and water.Mix the dry ingredietns well first.
Add water little by little to form a slightly thick batter so that it can coat the bread.
Heat dosa tawa spread oil/ghee - Dip the bread slice into the batter coat on both sides.
Immediately add it to tawa.Cook covered for 2mins or until the top looks cooked.Open, drizzle oil on top.
Flip over and press slightly.Cook until golden brown on both the sides.
- My bread slices were small so 6 toasts could be made.If your slices are big like sandwich bread then only 3-4 toasts cane be made.Depends on how thick you want the coating to be.
- Make sure you just coat the bread slices,quickly dip and toast else the bread will become soggy and start to tear.
- I did not add green chillies as it may come in mouth while eating so added red chilli powder instead but its your preference.
- I toasted with oil, but you can either toast with butter or ghee too.
- Cook until golden brown in low medium flame, do not burn the toasts.